The next part is bittersweet and I debated putting it on the blog. However - I want to be able to use this as a scrap book/reference so here goes.
As most of you know my dad passed away in December 1999. Well in July of 1999 we made our 2nd yearly trip to Daytona for the Nascar Race (We always went in February and July). He would always give me a little shopping $ since the mall is close to the racetrack. This particular year I was not able to go mall but my dad still gave me the $ so I could use it for school clothes in town. For some reason - I never spent the money. After he passed away I decided I would save the money to spend on my wedding dress so I could feel that he had a part in the wedding. Here is a pic of the exact bills he gave me years ago:

It was hard handing that money over. Although I knew there was nothing else I could spend it on that would be that important. I slid my CC for the remainder of the purchase. Wow...wedding dresses are expensive. My dress is supposed to arrive on the 11th anniversary of my dad's death. I know it will probably get here before then but as of now that is the date the bridal store gave me. It was a little strange handing over the money he gave me and then them coming back with that date.
Brian has not seen my dress and will not see the dress until our wedding day. On the day I bought my dress we also went so he could try on a suit and a tux to see which one he liked better. Here are the pics:
Suit
Tux
The tux won! These aren't the best pics of Brian but I do love seeing him all dressed up. So handsome!
Atleast we are slowly checking things off the wedding to do list.
This post made me tear up. What a lovely way to have your dad as a part of this wedding planning process. I can't wait to see you in your wedding dress.
ReplyDeleteAnd Brian looks great in both choices, but I do love the tux as well! :)
-Amanda