A scrumptious dessert recipe awaits you in this post. But first a little back ground info is needed. When Brian and I first starting dating, every time I would cook him dinner I would surprise him with a dessert. He never knew what it was going to be. Brian is what I call a dessert person, me not so much. I love making desserts (I think they are fun) but I am not fan of eating a lot of desserts. Now don't get me wrong - there are things I definitely like to eat but its not something I need to have on a regular basis. I especially do not like a lot of chocolate. I think chocolate cake and chocolate ice cream are Gross! There is one exception to this...Flour less chocolate cake from
Cypress = to.die.for! It is FABULOUS! Oops...I am getting off track here. Well back to Brian and his love for dessert. The dessert I made last Saturday night came up in conversation a few weeks ago where Brian made the comment that I had not made him this dessert since before Christmas. Now, I am not sure if that is 100% accurate but he may be right. Right now I feel like I have zero time to do the things that I need and want to do for myself and for Brian. I am working on that now! So with that being said I knew that I had to make this dessert for Brian soon b/c I would do anything to make this man happy. After all he is the one that brings a smile to my face everyday!
The first time I decided to make brownies for Brian I thought about this, "I wonder if I put peanut butter cups in the brownies if it would turn out alright". Brian loves Reese's peanut butter cups so that was my inspiration and this is how the peanut butter cup brownies were born.
This recipe is super complex...NOT...try super easy! Below are the supplies you need:

1 box of Betty Crocker Triple Chunk brownie mix (this is the best brownie mix EVER)
1 small bag of Reese's peanut butter cups
2 eggs
vegetable oil
water
*follow the directions on the brownie box for preparing the brownie batter (don't do anything with the Reese's until the next step).
You will then have to unwrap and cut (about 35) the Reese's cups like this:

Then you will take half of the batter and place in the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the cut Reese's cups on top like this:

Cover the Reese's cups with the remaining half of the brownie batter. Gently smoothing the brownie batter over the Reese's cups covering completely. This will help to keep all that yummy peanut butter in the middle of the brownies. Bake brownies as directed on box. Let cool, cut and eat.
It will look like this:

This ain't to healthy recipe but ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment