The bad news is I threw out my 2010 calendar from my planner but the good news is I think I remember everything. My dates may not be perfect for some stuff so please just turn a blind eye to that!
On December 3rd Mark and I decorated our office Christmas Tree! We went with a Patriotic theme - we think it was very appropriate!!!


The first weekend of December was spent doing some wedding things after we attended Market Days of course. For lunch we met Brian's parents at Mr. B's BBQ then we started on some wedding things. Brian worked on the arbor on Saturday and I took a couple of pics. We also worked on some of the groomsman gifts but we can't divulge what that is at the moment! On Sunday we visited Four Oaks Community Church with Brian's parents and brother Jason. They were a very friendly church and even provided visitors with a loaf of yummy bread. It was a nice church but Brian and I are still on the hunt for a church to plant some roots in!
I picked up my wedding dress from David's Bridal on December 11th (I think that was the correct day). If I had my work calendar with me I could check on it but its at the office and I am obviously not there at the moment so my guess will have to do!
The second weekend of December was a blast. On Saturday I spent the day preparing for the 5th annual ornament party at my house. I have so much fun hosting it. I hope everything that attended had a great time as well. I look forward to it every year - always the 2nd Saturday of December! Hopefully one day when I have more room I can expand the invite list. Right now it is mostly high school friends, a few close friends and family. On Sunday I attended Betsy's bridal shower at Lindsey's. Lindsey always does such a great job at hosting everything! Bets got lots of great gifts and we are so happy for her and Ken!
The third weekend of December was busy, yet a lot of fun! On Friday we had our 5th Annual Carraba's dinner celebration. It is always so much fun. Here are some pics:
Travis and Kim! The Newlyweds - they are adorable.
Rachel (Trey's wife), Wes and Trey.
There is always a pic of Brian doing something mean to his brother....
Jason and Brian
Brian and Amber
Heath
Heath and Travis
Amber and Tracey
Wes and Heath
Group Shot!Dinner was delicious!
Saturday was Betsy's wedding. She was such a beautiful bride! We were so excited to celebrate with Betsy and Ken - we wish you a lifetime of happiness.
Brian and Amber
Group Shot after the bride and groom had left
The only pic I have with the bride! Some of the other girls got some good shots throughout the night. I will have to get their pics for my scrapbook. (If I ever get a chance to start scrapbooking again).On Sunday we visited New Beginnings Church with Tracey and Charlie. It is a small congregation but Brian and I enjoyed it. After church we went over to my grandparents house to celebrate Christmas. We enjoyed visiting and eating a yummy dinner with everyone! I didn't take pics with our camera but my aunt and grandma did get some shots.
Tuesday, December 21st was the end of an era for me! You will know why a little later in this post!
The final weekend in December was Christmas and we were blessed to spend it with family. On Friday (Christmas Eve) we went to my mom's house for our annual celebration. It was so good to see everyone:
Joshua and Taylor. This pic is precious.
Brian reading to Julie!
Joshua running towards me.
Jackson and Julie
Joshua. I love those dimples!
Uncle Gene playing with Julie's doll.It was so great visiting with Uncle Gene, Aunt Laurie, Jackson, Julie, Joshua, Mom, Mr. Brett, Ms. Sue, Taylor, Colton, Karsyn and Granny. Brian and I enjoyed it so much! We also stopped by my boss's house for a little Christmas celebration she was having. It was great visiting and meeting her new puppy. Adorable! I can't wait until Brian and I can get a puppy. We already have the breed and name picked out!
On Christmas Day Brian came over to my house early so we could open our stockings and he could cook a bananas foster french toast that we were taking over to his parents house. We went over to his parents house for Christmas breakfast. All of the food was wonderful. I always enjoy visiting with Brian's parents, Gran, Anne, Jon, Jono and Jason. We left his parents for a couple of hours (came back to my house and watched a Christmas movie) then went back over to his parents for dinner. Dinner was wonderful too. Our Christmas was truly blessed. Brian was sick over the holiday and on top of that had to drive back down to work Christmas night. I wasn't supposed to go with him but since he was feeling awful he asked me to ride down with him so I did. His parents came and got me the very next day and brought me back home. I was grateful they were able to do that and grateful I was able to take care of Brian for a little bit. I hate it when he doesn't feel good.
On Monday, December 27th I made a short trip to Valdosta with Amy! We had a fabulous time shopping at Hobby Lobby, TJ Maxx, Michaels and the Gap Outlet. She did a cute little post on her blog about it - she even took a picture of her goodies. I wish I would have thought about! Amy is such a great friend and she has the cutest little girl! So happy for her and Scott. I know they are going to be awesome parents.
So everything was going great until I woke up Tuesday, December 28th sick. Ugh...I had the whole sore throat, congestion, cough, fever etc going on. It was not fun. I tried to go back to work on Thursday but could only handle half a day before I started feeling awful. I hate to miss work like that but I especially hated it since that week was my boss's last week. She retired and I am so very happy for her however we are going to miss her tons. It just won't be the same without her! On Friday I was feeling a little better. I had lunch with Ashley and it was great to catch up with her. And - Since I was feeling okay we decided to attend the bonfire that we had been planning on for weeks. Luckily we really weren't outside for all that long. When we first got to the bonfire (Travis's mom's house) we ate dinner and hung out inside before heading out to the bonfire (Christmas Tree burning - yay!) Here are a some pics of the celebration:


Our Christmas Tree going up in Flames!
Umm...yes, this is my Publix sweatshirt that got thrown in the fire. My last work day at Publix was December 21st. I couldn't be happier about that!
Amber and Brian
Kim and Travis
The Girls
The boys being silly
I love Travis's poses in this pics...lol!We weren't at the bonfire long and left before the new year came. I was worried about all the smoke and stuff since I was just starting to feel better, breath better etc.
Well that is it. That was December in a nutshell for us. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment