Friday, November 26, 2010

November - A Month of Thanks!

Sweet November! I love this time of year. The weather really starts to cool down and I normally do not have to run the AC or heater in the house. This puts an extra big smile on my face and keeps more money in the bank!

I am thankful for so much - I will try to convey my gratitude for everything in my weekend wrap ups!

1st weekend of November. Saturday - I am thankful for a fiance that "likes" to cook with me in the kitchen. I am sure he would rather cook alone but I enjoy cooking and it is fun to do it together. He was watching the food network and saw a chili recipe he wanted to try. It was so good! Mole Chili and chile fries - Here is the pic of ingredients and finished result:

Please forgive the hideous place mats below. Brian set the table. These need to be discarded of ASAP. They don't match anything in my house.

We eat healthy right? No wonder its hard shedding lbs. It probably wasn't that bad. The chile fries were rolled in bread crumbs and baked. But you have to love all the cheese and sour cream B put in his bowl.

I made some pumpkin chocolate chip muffins too. I don't have a picture of the final product but here is a pic of the ingredients:

They were pretty good but there are a couple of things I will do different next time.

Sunday - we had a (Christmas) photo session with our wonderful friends Heather and Clay. Heather is so talented and has recently been doing a little photography. I think she should definitely start up a little side business. I won't be posting the pic we are using in our Christmas Cards - that would run the surprise but I will show you two of my favorites!

Y'all, I pink puffy heart the below picture of B. I absolutely love his expression why I am biting his ear. Is that bad?

Seriously though there are about 5 pics I will framing and putting them up in the house. I ordered the pics through shutterfly and I can't wait for them to arrive. Plus, I love sending out Christmas cards. The sooner I get the pics the sooner I can start writing out our cards. I am thankful for friends who are willing to take Christmas pictures for you! Thanks again Heather and Clay!

2nd weekend of November. I am so thankful for a BFF who will ride with me to Valdosta to spend 3 hours with me in Hobby Lobby. Who doesn't rush me through the store yet embraces the shopping experience by going up and down almost every aisle. Not to mention the fact that we drove to Moultrie first just to attend Calico Crafts. Then just went I think the day can't get any better - we drove back to town and went to the North Florida Fair. Here are some pics:

Ferris wheel view - I heart the lights.

Me on the Ferris wheel. It is a bit blurry and a bit close. Sorry about that. We had to share the Ferris wheel with two people we didn't know. Weird!

Umm...yeah. These are what you think they are. Human hamster balls. So very cool. I wanted to do this so bad however Tracey and I would have been the only adults. The adults were allowed to ride there just weren't any riding at the time we where there. So we stood and watched them for a while. It was really cool. I am thankful for a great BFF who will be silly and do crazy stuff with me!

3rd weekend of November. Supposed to be in Atlanta for a bach. party. So bummed I missed it but I am so glad all the girls had fun! I was able to go see Harry Potter on Friday. Absolutely Fantastic! Can't wait for the final film to be released. On Saturday AM (early) I was able to attend Bradley's with Brian, Tracey and Jason. Since we went early we were done early and even swung into the Christmas market at a local baptist church. We even made it to the Jingle Jubilee - although we spent $7 each to get in and were only there about 15 min. Later that night (around 7:30 ish) we were able to have some dinner at Bella Bella! Yummy! Happy B-day Kim.

Sunday AM was spent at Publix. Only one more month. I cannot wait.

I was very fortunate to have Monday - Wednesday before Thanksgiving off. On Monday I did lots of wedding stuff. All of our wedding stuff has been ordered except for some party favors (waiting until a little closer) and the groomsman gifts (Have to wait for B on that). I was finally able to contact a couple of hotels and reserve some room blocks for wedding guests. I spent the entire day on the phone, researching on the Internet and ordering misc. wedding items. Ugh...why are weddings to expensive. It's funny looking back on some of the things I thought I wanted to spend money on (for the wedding) now I wish we didn't have to spend any more money. Just thinking about it makes me kind of nauseous. Oh well it is worth it. They day I get to marry my best friend - the happiest day of our lives. I can't wait. Only 99 more days! Anyway sorry for that rant! On Tuesday I spent the day running errands from one side of town to the other but again I got a lot done. Brian came into town Tuesday night so I made him dinner w/ a surprise dessert. I made cheesy potato pork chops and fresh steamed broccoli for dinner and (green) mint chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The cookies turned out pretty well I thought. I made sure to share them. We took some over to my future brother and father-in-law on Wednesday. Wednesday morning I got up early so Brian could come pick me up. We spent a little while at his parents house doing some Thanksgiving dinner prep work. It was fun hanging out with his mom! From there we went over to Brian's house so he could start working on our arbor. That's right. He is building the arbor for our wedding. How sweet is that? Also there is something so handsome about watching a man build something with his two hands. I spent my time assisting him with building tools and taking pictures of the progress. I think I will wait until it is finished and do a special post dedicated just to the arbor. We will be working on it again very soon. I will post one picture though just to show you one of the handy man pics I am talking about:

After reaching a stopping point with the arbor we headed off to the Havana Christmas Tree farm and picked out the prettiest tree. It is so full - it really is one of the prettiest trees I have ever seen. I went ahead and set out my Christmas decor. Brian even hung icle lights at my house. I normally don't do any Christmas decorating until after Thanksgiving but this was the only time we could do it where Brian could help me without having to wait a while. I am so glad we got a lot done. It all looks really good. I still have a few more things to do but it will get done next week. Here are a couple of pics:

Fiyerro (my roommates kitty) helping with the Christmas lights!

My colorful tree! I did a colorful tree a couple of years ago and I loved it. This one turned out okay although I think the other one was a bit better. Theme trees are my favorite. Brian wants me to do a different theme next year. I like his idea! I will just let that be a surprise for next year. I absolutely love the Christmas Season - The decor, the lights and the trees and the real reason for Christmas - Jesus!

Thanksgiving day was very busy but we are so glad we got to visit with everyone. For our first meal - we went over to my grandparents at 10:30 and stayed till a little after 12:30. Our second meal we went over to Brian's parents house at 1:00 and stayed till 4:00. Then for our third and final meal we went to my moms at 5:00 and were there until a little after 7:00. All of the food was delicious! We were a little partial to Mr. Brett's cajun fried turkey. It was out of this world good. I believe my mouth is starting to water for some this very moment. Brian and I were truly blessed to spend the day with our wonderful families.

4th weekend of November. Obviously starts tomorrow so if anything of interest occurs I will be sure to make a post about it.

I just want to say that I am so very thankful for the following: God, salvation, my wonderful and loving fiance, my soon to be in-laws, my family, our awesome friends, a place to call home, good health, a job, a car and for everything else that has been bestowed upon me. I am grateful for the ups and downs because it led me to where I am today. For everything that I have little and big - I am so very blessed. And...thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment