Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A few more things...

I mentioned crock pot roast in my post yesterday. Here is the recipe:

red creamer potatoes cut in fourths (total depends on your crock pot size and the number of people you are feeding).
carrots (I use the baby carrots that are ready to eat from the bag-use as much as you like).
half of an onion (diced)
boneless chuck roast (again the size depends on your crock pot size and the number of people you are feeding).
1 pkg of Lipton onion soup mix
1 tbls olive oil
1 tbls of Worcestershire sauce

This is how I put my ingredients in the crock pot.

1. potatoes
2. carrots
3. roast

The roast is at the very top of the crock pot. Then I add all of the remaining ingredients. Add water until it barely covers the top of the roast. Cook on low all day. When you get home your house will smell delicious and you will have a tender roast that falls apart to the touch. Enjoy!

P.S. I always make a green vegetable to go along with it. After all that is the way my momma taught me! Keepin' it real in the south!

Also - I ordered some items for our wedding and they arrived yesterday! This puts a smile on my face.
1. tablecloths - check
2. additional vases for tables - check
3. table runner samples - check
4. vase filler samples - check
5. ribbon - check

It is so nice to say check, check, check - now to concentrate on the other items on the ever-growing wedding to-d0-list!

No comments:

Post a Comment